WHY THIS BLOG?

I AM PARCA'S CHOSEN:
Parca is the Roman Goddess of Childbirth and Destiny and after you get to know me, you will see why I believe she has, without doubt, made me her Poster Child. I deal with the odd serious issue but for the most part, my posts are just some cheeky fun, reviews of favorite shows, and true stories that will make you laugh out loud (or run screaming...I don't know you well enough to predict your behavior). You'll find satire with the odd parody tossed in....and definitely a heaping helping of hyperbole.

I am Canadian so expect a bit of politeness too. Sorry.

_________________________________________
1) MY eBOOKS CAN BE FOUND ON AMAZON HERE:
DENISE ON AMAZON
2) MY eBook Trailers are on YOUTUBE
3) My website:denisesevierfries.com
4) My Photo-Art Youtube Trailer is here too.

5) My old monthly column: The Lighter Side of Self Publishing
6) Outlander Series Facebook forum: the popular book/tv series group I am admin on, is The BEST and BIGGEST with over 77,000+ members! Come join us! *click on bold red words

Sunday, June 9, 2013

PHANTASTIC PHOTOPIA

Allow me some brag time if you please...I don't get to do it very often .

My photograph of a boat in our local marina just won 1st place in the Comox Valley Art Gallery PHOTOPIA JURIED PHOTO CONTEST AND EXHIBITION! There was an awards ceremony and I won the top prize of 125 smackeroos and got a nifty gold embossed certificate for my wall. *The money will go towards a new camera as mine currently has duct tape holding the batteries in.

Better than the ceremony or the cash though, is the exposure. I hope my new moniker 'the award winning photographer' opens a few doors...or at least a buffet or two. I'm feeling peckish.

Here she is, my winning picture: *click on pics to enlarge

                                                   CHINA CLOUD


Here are a few more of the ones I entered...and that are on display at the gallery as well:




When you have a minute, come see my Photo-Art and eBooks at http://www.denisesevierfries.com/!

CHEERS!

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Denise. The top one looks like a painting (which is funny, in a way, because so often people say of paintings, "It looks just like a photograph!") Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mathew! It's very encouraging to win something like this...much like writing, one craves validation. I would snap pics and write without it, but it is nice to have nevertheless. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate you reading and perhaps sharing my blog pieces and hoped you enjoyed them. Leave a comment if you like and I will reply asap. *NOTE: I have strong opinions and will gladly respond to respectful debate or disagreement, but too many people use blogs as a platform for their insanity and hate, so be aware that my moderator will not allow Haters to spread their hate and I personally only see comments, good or bad, that are not rude.